If you love coffee, you’ve probably heard of Keurig. This is a popular coffee maker manufacturer that creates best-selling products. Keurig k55 is one of their newest devices that have collected thousands of positive customer reviews. If you own an old coffee maker or consider buying your first one, Keurig k55 is an option to consider.
Keurig K55 in a nutshell
This model is the successor of the famous K50 model that was a best seller once. The new model has more features, greater versatility and reliability. It exceeds previous models in almost everything. Almost K55 is similar to K50, the first one has important improvements and a couple of extra features.
According to the manufacturer, K55 can brew delicious coffee in 60 seconds. That’s a statement the company actually kept. I’ve tested the model a couple of time and every time the machine prepared a cup of delicious coffee in less than a minute. One of the main things to know about this model is the 48 ounces water reservoir. It allows you to brew several cups before refilling, and that’s a huge plus for families. The button controls were improved. Now there are two buttons – “Power” and “Auto-off”. You can also change the size of the cup. The second feature is a life-saver when you’re in a hurry because it deactivates the machine after 90 seconds of inactivity.
What many people really like about the machine is the descaling feature. If you’ve never used the Keurig device before, here is what it does: it helps to clean the parts inside the coffee marker, and it really helps when you need to remove calcium deposits that inevitably build up inside the machine. Shortly, the Keurig K55 is a great coffee maker machine that is better than most devices in the market and it offers more capability, features and flexibility.
Key Features of The Keurig K55
There are hundreds of little coffee makers suitable for home, and dozens of models manufactured by this brand. Choosing the right machine for your needs means going through the main features and finding those that stand out from others and matter to you.
Water reservoir and cup size
One of the best features of the K55 is the ability to change beverage sizes. There are 3 options: 6, 8 and 10 oz. The last one is suitable for travel mug size (those smaller ones that you can find in many stores) and I think it’s an important feature because many other machines let you to brew 11.25 oz, which is often too much. It has a huge water reservoir that is very ample for letting you brew 6 average cups before refilling.
Auto shut-off feature
You can set the auto shut off feature that will make the machine stop when you don’t use it for 1.30 minutes. You can program this feature as needed, the maximum time is 2 hours.
One of the newest feature the company added is the QuietBrew technology that reduces the noise most coffee maker machines make during brewing. This is one of the most important features, even though most Keurig devices are much quieter than competitors. It’s not completely silent, though.
Even though it’s not the unique feature of this coffee maker, the use of the k-cup is a strong feature that most people need. Because of this feature, the machine is compatible with all the K-cup pods varieties of cocoas, tea, coffees and iced drinks. The most important thing is that you can use your favorite K-cups to make the freshest self ground coffee. Whether you choose, it will take less than a minute.
Thanks to K-cups, you can make delicious coffee with almost no learning or prep-time. All you need to do is to place the k-cup in the machine and press the button. There is no mess to clean and no skills to learn.
As with all other models, you need to go through the key features to make an informed choice. I believe this is a coffee maker machine that exceeds its competitors in all aspects and here is why:
- Descaling. This is a little feature that makes cleaning much more pleasant. If you feel like your machine doesn’t make delicious coffee anymore, try to descale it to improve its performance.
- Reliability. This model will last you for many years. I haven’t found any reviews where customers would complain about the machine not functioning properly or breaking down after a couple of months after the purchase.
- Auto-off. I’ve already talked about the importance of this feature so I just mention it one more time. It’s a little helpful bonus.
- Comes in different colors. The machine comes in different colors, so if you don’t like standard black, grey or white, you can choose something bright that fits your kitchen design.
- K-cup pods. This is one of the main advantages of this machine because you can brew a variety of different drinks of different sizes.
How To Clean K55?
When I just got the machine and tried to brew coffee, I was really excited. Afterwards I decided to clean the machine, and just like many of you I hate complex cleaning. I didn’t want to carefully go around every little detail of the machine to get the dirt out.
This model was a bit of a surprise for me. I know how to clean a usual coffee maker machine – all you need to do is take a cloth because coffee doesn’t stick to it. I just go over the machine and that’s it. The whole process takes less than 20 seconds. But you should also clean the internal parts every 6 months or so. This is when it can be quite challenging.
This is when I found the most amazing Keurig feature. Thanks to the programmed descaling feature, inner parts are easy to clean and you can’t damage anything while cleaning inside. If you’re new to this manufacturer, it comes with a user manual where you can learn how to clean it properly.
When you regularly use the machine, calcium deposits will scale. Cleaning this can be a challenge if you have to do it yourself. But with this feature, the machine just cleans itself. It’s pure magic.
There are videos uploaded by the manufacturer where you can see how descaling works. Of course, you still need to change the filter over time and keep the water in the reservoir clean.
Pros and cons of the machine
Now, when we’ve gone through all important features of Keurig K55, here is pros and cons of the machine:
- Company’s best-seller, lots of satisfied customers.
- Makes coffee really fast – a cup of coffee is done in less than a minute.
- Huge water tank that is enough to make 6 cups of coffee.
- Use-friendly control panel with simple control buttons.
- You can choose between 3 cup sizes with K-cup pods.
- Automatic cleaning of inner parts.
- Survives years of regular use.
- One of the best affordable coffee makers.
- You can only use K-cups which are pricey.
- There could be more buttons on the control panel.
- Not for offices and busy households.
- Can’t make latter or cappuccino.
- Can be a little bit noisy.
- Can’t be used with K-Carafe pods.
The Keurig K55 is a perfect, affordable coffee maker machine for everyone who just wants a delicious cup of coffee quickly, without complex cleanup. This machine features simple design and only essential features which are designed for only one purpose: consistently prepare quick and easy coffee. However, this simple machine has a number of features that makes it stand out from competitors. Include these to the affordable price, and you will get a machine that is worth your attention.