Camelbak Eddy kids water bottle review
When kids enjoy different activities away from home, their parents should make sure children get consistent access to water. Having a reliable water bottle means the difference between fighting fatigue or quenching thirst. Camelbak has been around for years and the company has experience producing different kinds of bottles. The company claims their Eddy kids water bottle is one of the kind and it never disappoints. Though it has significant improvements compared to other bottles, knowing its features and specs will helps you make the right choice.
Eddy bottle features classic, spill-proof design manufactured specificity for children. The straw is big enough for kids to use safely, and the size of the bottle is perfect for packing in backpacks. Whether you’re camping, hiking or bushwalking, or even enjoying the sun in the backyard, this bottle makes sure you always have something to drink around you. Designed to keep spills at minimum and designs from BPA-free materials, it provides you with water when you want it and it’s built to last. As a little bonus, the design is great, too.
Camelbak Eddy kids water bottle is perfect for portable hydration – just take the bottle out of the backpack and sip. The 400 ml iscomfortable for children to hold and is compatible for most cup holder. The handle makes it easy to carry in the crook or clip to your backpack. The design is spill-proof, the material is completely safe and the construction is durable, which is perfect for the trail.
The straw, lid, valve and the bottle can be cleaned in a dishwasher or hand washed on soapy, warm water. I think it’s better to wash the lid separately by hand because it’s less durable than other components. If you have a bottle brush, don’t pull it through the valve slit. If you have several brushes, use the smallest one to clean the straw.
If you need deeper cleaning, add a bit of eco-friendly soap or bleach to a glass jar filled with water. Add the other components into the liquid and close the lid. Shake the bottle for a minute and let the parts soak for 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and let it dry. Don’t use harsh cleansing solutions because their residue can stick to the plastic.
When you need to re-assemble the bottle, just flip the bite valve to the open position. The finger tab points towards the front of the lid. Slightly push the valve onto the collar. Press the straw into place. Makes sure it covers the notches. Test your bottle: if nothing leaks, you successfully assembled it.
Do you need the Camelbak Eddy kids water bottle?
Kids whater bottle are suitable for children over the age of 3 or 4. Maybe, you have a question: Why a 3 year old needs a leak-proof bottle? According to the American Dental Association, traditional sippy cups aren’t good for your child, it can be a strong argument towards limiting this kind of bottles. While it’s always a good idea to use a normal cup for sitting and meals at the table, it can be much harder to take a normal cup outside or in the car.
Whether you choose Camelbak or any other type of a leak-proof bottle, make sure it’s long-lasting, sturdy and your child likes using it. Overall, it’s a great way to keep consistent hydration during play or while keeping up with a busy schedule. Sending your child out with a bottle of fresh water can improve their strength, ability to think and play, and ensure water supple away from parents. With a leak-proof bottle in hand, you don’t need to think about finding the water away from home or dehydration. And it goes without saying that good water supply is vital for a healthy child.
The main Camelbak Eddy kids water bottle features
- An improved cap and a better valve ensure better durability and faster water flow.
- No tipping is necessary but it’s possible: just remove the straw.
- An improved shape fits in the hand of most children.
- All parts can be washed in a dishwasher.
- Spill-proof and very durable.
- Easy to travel with: the handle has a hole that you can clip and carry around.
- BPA and BPS-free materials.
- Easy to fill with ice or berries and then to clean.
- CamelBak Big Bite Valve can be combined with almost all company’s bottles.
- Hydration. With this water, your child will get regular access to water. It will encourage kids to stay hydrating during play.
- Transportation. Bottles are easy to take with you and carry around because they don’t leak and require a little space. You can easily attach the bottle to your belt or backpack.
- Convenience. Children can drink when they want without searching for a water fountain or trying to make a purchase and find a beverage.
- A risk of enjoy. Bottles with hard straws can be dangerous because they aren’t flexible. Straw spouts can lead to injury if the child falls while drinking. Even though the risk is very small compared to sippy cups for toddlers who are learning to walk, but it can be a problem if a child is drinking while running or playing.
- A possible risk of dental decay. Drinking more carbohydrate and sweet liquids can increase the risk of dental decay. When a child drinks through a straw, it increases the consumption of sugars that can to the root system of the teeth and cause troubles. It’s advised to use leak-proof cups only when it’s necessary.
Camelbak Eddy kids water bottle Design
A good kid’s bottle should hold more water and be larger than sippy cups. They usually have a tight-fitting lid and a leak-proof valve. The body is specially contoured for better holding and slightly insulated. The bottle comes in different bright colors and cute patterns and pictures that attract children. Some bottles have famous characters, while others feature little pictures and patters.
These bottles don’t have handles but have a place in the lid that you can use to clip the bottle to the stroller or a backpack. Most bottles feature lids and folding spouts to decrease the amount of debris and dirt that accumulates on the bottle. The bottle is easy to assemble/re-assemble and clean because they have fewer parts than sippy cups.
There are many types of kid’s bottles – they can be made of plastic, glass, stainless steel and silicone. Many bottles are mostly quality plastic with some silicone parts, while others are made of glass or stainless steel with plastic lids. When you choose materials for a child’s bottle, stainless steel is the most eco-friendly option, and it’s easy to clean and maintain. Plastic bottles, on the other hands, are more affordable, lighter and easier for a child to hold. The kind of materials the bottle is made can change the way you use and clean the bottle, and how long it will serve you. You should always consider the pros and cons of every material before making the final choice.
Plastic is the most common material for the kid’s bottle because it creates easy to use, lightweight products that are user-friendly and versatile. These cups are exciting and fun for children to use because they have attractive colors and design. Many parents choose plastic as well not only for budget reasons, but also because they children love the bright pictures and recognizable characters. Camelbak Eddy kids water bottle feature classic designs and a simplified straw that is easy for children to use, and the size is perfect for packing.