All About Nordic Ware Baking Sheet?
The baking sheet is a very useful appliance in every kitchen being involved in cooking of a lot of dishes in the oven and not just that. Being so popular among professional cooks they are not marketed widely, so you can face some difficulties trying to find the appropriate one.
Though, if you decide on the brand and choose Nordic Ware, it is easy to find almost any version of a sheet pan on its website. There is a wide assortment of items made of aluminum, steel and copper. If you do not know this manufacturer, just buy one baking tray and test it. You will understand that it is worth value. What about Nordic Ware?
History of The Brand
This is a real American success story. The company was founded in 1946 by a couple owning the capital at the amount of only $500. In addition, they had some creative ideas which helped them to start their own business related to kitchenware. Initially the assortment was very restricted. In due course time it was enlarged and now you can equip your kitchen with all necessary items.
Nowadays, this brand is associated with the Bundt pan. You can find it almost in five in ten kitchens around the world. This pan was used for baking a prize-winning cake during a national contest. This cake was a traditional dessert of America. So, you can imagine the popularity of this appliance even 70 years later.
There are plenty of products in Nordic Ware’s offering including bakeware. Here more than 350 persons work in this company and the products are distributed almost anywhere. It remains to be a family-owned company that is why here the traditions are observed. They do their best to develop the business and adopt the innovative techniques.
What is Special About the Brand?
Being a leading producer of high quality kitchenware Nordic Ware designs the things of superior value. All of them are produced in the factory locate within the territory of USA. They try to make people’s lives more convenient and help them to enjoy cooking at home.
Besides the perfect products they provide the customers with the attentive service trying to meet the customers’ expectations and needs. All their pieces are environmentally sound and safe for users providing the best possible features. In order to maintain their top position, they make efforts continuously earning the trust of the customers.
The bakeware is represented by a wide range of items. But when you are looking for a baking trays you can find here.
|Series||Most popular model||Rating||Check|
|Baker’s Half Sheet with and without a lid||Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver|
|Freshly baked copper sheets||Ware 12442AMZ Copper 5-Piece Bakeware Set|
|Nonstick trays||Nordic Ware Naturals Aluminum NonStick Baker’s Big Sheet|
|Large baking sheet||Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Big Sheet|
|Series||Baker’s Half Sheet with and without a lid|
|Most popular model||Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver|
|Series||Freshly baked copper sheets|
|Most popular model||Ware 12442AMZ Copper 5-Piece Bakeware Set|
|Most popular model||Nordic Ware Naturals Aluminum NonStick Baker’s Big Sheet|
|Series||Large baking sheet|
|Most popular model||Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Big Sheet|
Baker’s Half Sheet with and without a lid
The pan is made of shining aluminum of high quality, while the cover is produced of BPA-free plastic. The covers of various sizes are available separately not only together with a pan. You should remember that these lids are designed for storage only and you cannot cover the sheet with them when cooking.
There are freshly baked copper sheets
These material is the best heat conductor and provides the even and fast cooking. Though, the material is rather demanding as to use and maintenance. It should not be cleaned in dishwasher and the metal utensils are not recommended. Such pans are oven safe. Editor’s choice Nordic Ware 12442AMZ Copper 5-Piece Bakeware Set.
Nonstick trays which can be marketed with a nonstick steel grid
The rack feet are protected with temporary plastic covers but you are expected to remove them before put the pan in the oven. The rack itself can be heated up to 400°F.
Large baking sheet
Made of aluminized steel and a lot of other models. Editor’s choice Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Big Sheet
When Do You Need Them?
Now you should appreciate the versatility of this kind of bakeware:
- You can prepare almost any meal here – this is an easy and convenient way to prepare the foods for a crowd.
- If you have a big family or arrange the frequent parties with plenty of friends, you can do it much faster with only one baking sheet.
- You can use a baking sheet for various purposes but in any case it will be healthy and tasty meal meeting every fancy.
- The experts say that you’d better use an aluminum sheet for an even cooking. You can choose the rimmed pan or the one without sides – as you like.
So, what exactly can you prepare on it?
- It is the best solution of various cookies and cakes including biscuits.
- But at the same time you can cook the dinner and breakfast with use of a sheet pan. Such dishes as roasting fries, vegetables or meat will come in a perfect way.
- For breakfast you can cook sweet potato hash or granola.
- Your dinner will be delicious with oven-baked curry chicken, or pizza, or crusted salmon with vegies.
- You can use a baking sheet to roast easily nuts or seeds and other snacks doing it easily due to possibility to spread them in one layer.
- If you prepare something watery, you’d better prefer the rimmed baking sheets preventing the content from running.
How Should You Care?
The Nordic Ware baking sheets are of very high quality. But if you want to last their service life you should follow the user guide as to cleaning in particular.
If we speak about the aluminum pan, you should wash it by hand in warm soapy water before initial use. And of course you should do it every time you use it. The producer does not recommend using a dishwasher as far as it can change the color under influence of the detergents.
You can add oil to roast savory foods. You should apply nylon, silicone or utensils in order not to scratch the bottom. Though, in case with bare aluminum those scratches will not influence on baking performance of a pan. If the pan is made of steel, to avoid exterior scratches, do not wash it with rough sponges.
When using bakeware for a long time, it can become rather dirty. In order to facilitate the maintenance, you should clean it thoroughly after every use. Unfortunately, even stainless steel can rust that is why it is important to dry it immediately after washing with water with towel preventing the corrosion.
Taking into account the versatility of these tools they are usually used intensively. You can clean the working surfaces from stains and grease with baking soda and peroxide mixed together in a paste.
Such things like ammonia, vinegar, and cream of Tartar are also can be applied as the cleaning agent. Do not apply them for non-stick trays. Here only baking soda is allowed for cleaning the burnt marks. By the way, the silicone mats can be cleaned too. You can dip them into the soapy water and let them stay them for a while.
- Chicago Metallic. Here you can buy any nonstick model. Being hefty these sheet pans are designed for continuous use. They do not warp and buckle. Some of them have a fine-grained texture of sides and bottom preventing the foods from spreading when it is important. They are marketed with guarantee, and really worth value.
- Volrath Wear offers the baking sheets for professionals. So if you run your business connected with cooking the products of this brand will be the correct choice. You can find here the models with one rim that is good for even spreading of the air. The gauge aluminum is thick and reliable – it will hardly warp or buckle.
- USA Pan Bakeware produces thick, sturdy baking sheets which are extremely durable. They are manufactured in the USA and covered with a BPA-free nonstick coating. We cannot say that this surface is better compared to the other brands.
- Air bake natural baking sheets are not expensive. But here there is a difficulty with cooking time – the foods are baked longer. You should control the recipe times. You can use it for delicate cookies which demands continuous baking. But if you want to brown something you’d better choose the other pan.
- Anolon. The sheets of this producer are equipped with silicone handles meaning that you can hold it with bare hands taking it just from the oven. They are comfortable, but the performance could be better.
- Farberware Purecook Hybrid Ceramic Nonstick Baking Sheet has a cute design and marketed in vivid colors. They are good enough both for cookies and gingerbread. But a shallow rim does restrict its use as well as a textured surface is not good for any cooking methods.
You can choose almost any type of pan, but first of all you are recommended to take into account thickness of the sides and covering – it can be nonstick or natural.
Well, the most appropriate picks are somewhere between 10 and 18 gauge range. This scale shows the gauge property. The higher number the lower thickness. So if you do not want your cookies to burn, stick to the above parameters.
In general, there are a lot of models of nordic ware baking sheet, sets, and peculiarities of design. You can find them here in diversity. You are welcome to enjoy shopping.